Some pool owners get a little grumpy at this time of year – when (in most parts of the country) it’s becoming time to close their swimming pool for the season. But even if enjoying a swim after work & on weekends isn’t in the cards anymore, that’s no reason to retreat indoors! Your backyard can still offer you months of outdoor relaxation & recreation – if you have the right accessories. In this blog post, we’ll explore some options that can help you enjoy your outdoor oasis during the "shoulder seasons" of spring and fall.
Consider an Outdoor Spa or Hot Tub
When the weather turns cooler, there is nothing as inviting as a soak in a warm, bubbling Hot Tub! If you are new to the “spa scene”, now’s the time to check it out – because for relaxation and rejuvenation, you simply can’t beat an outdoor spa or hot tub. Adding a spa to your patio or poolside area is a great way to increase your backyard enjoyment. Modern Spas & Hot Tubs are feature-rich and easy to set up – they offer the best combination of advanced technology and value. I’ll admit – it’s not the same as using your pool, but it gives you a great reason to keep enjoying your outdoor space – even year-round! Here’s a few examples:
- The Spa-2-Go Portable Spa is a portable unit that’s perfect for backyards (plus camping, trips away from home, frat houses, and much more). Simply inflate it, and it’s ready to use in just minutes. The Spa-2-Go Portable Spa seats four adults, and has tough K80 vinyl construction, built-in seating, 250 gallon capacity, a locking thermal Cover, and 127 micro-air jets to massage away stress. Spa-2-Go gives you all the benefits of a permanent spa - at a fraction of the cost! Just fill it with water and plug it in!
- The Portable Spa-N-a-Box Hot Tub is another great option for value, and easy, hassle-free set-up. It features a faux-wood cabinet for a rich look that will enhance any backyard (or indoor) area. Just assemble the cabinet panels, insert the liner pad & liner, and fill it – that’s it! This spa features seating for 5 adults, 280 gallon capacity, digital temperature controls, freeze protection, powerful micro-air jets, and a locking thermal cover. This Spa also carries an amazingly low price – especially when you consider the high quality.
- For a larger or more permanent Spa or Hot Tub set up, I’d suggest a AquaRock Spa. We carry eleven different models – each with its own specific features, benefits and styling. DreamMaker Spas are constructed of a super-durable Rotational-molded HDPE, in beautiful finishes. All include a powerful circulation and filtration system, bucket seats with full body support, multi-level jets, and Balboa digital controls. Sizes range from the round 4-person Calypso model to the square 6-person Horizon model.
You'll find DreamMaker Spas with features like a color-changing waterfall, MP3 audio system, additional jets and equipment upgrades. All include LED backlit controls and a color-coordinating spa cover, to keep out debris and keep in the heat.
Browse New Options in Outdoor Patio Heaters Long-used by restaurants, bistros, clubs and commercial facilities – many new options are now available for residential use. A patio heater may be all you need to extend your outdoor usage with dining, reading & relaxing with friends in your backyard – without breaking your budget. Here’s a few examples of what’s on the market:
- Infrared Electric Patio Heaters: Gone are the days when electric heat was inefficient and expensive. Today’s generation of electric patio heaters utilize infrared heat which provides targeted heating that’s 90% efficient! Low running-costs and uses regular household current. Choose from permanent wall-mounted units or portable free-standing models with the decorative look of a Floor lamp or Table lamp.
- Propane Patio Heaters: Blue Rhino (makers of fine outdoor / backyard accessories) offers a great choice in outdoor propane heating – at a value price. This full-size model features durable steel construction, multiple safety features, easy set-up and hassle-free use – and will heat areas up to 18 feet in diameter!
Nothing Beats the Chill like an Outdoor Fire Pit Fun for the whole family - who doesn't like sitting on the porch on cool nights, with a glowing fire? An outdoor fire pit brings warmth to your backyard, with added atmosphere & ambiance. We have a dozen sizes & styles of fire pits to match nearly any outdoor decor from modern to rustic. For safety’s sake, be sure to consider where you plan to use your outdoor fire pit. A non-combustible base underneath the fire pit is needed, and you should locate away from any open windows, or low hanging trees. Fire pits are a great accent piece to have around the pool and patio, even when they are not being used!
Backyard Ice Rink Kits Owning a backyard Ice Rink Kit is the winter equivalent of owning a swimming pool… there’s just something about an ice rink that brings the whole neighborhood together. Skating is also low cost fun that really provides a healthy workout, for kids and adults. Even your dog may join in on the fun! When building a backyard ice rink, you have the option to build the rink “from scratch”, or look at our affordable Backyard Ice Rink Kits that make it super-easy to create an outdoor ice rink in very little time. This can be an excellent project for the whole family. And when you think about the long hours that your backyard ice rink can be used, it’s a great value, too. Which Ice Rink Kit you choose depends on the size of your backyard, ages and skill level of your skaters, your budget, and local weather conditions.
So don’t let the weather force you to retreat indoors. With a few well-chosen accessories, you can reclaim your backyard and enjoy quality time with family & friends much longer – even after you close the swimming pool!
SPP Pool Expert