Warmer Water = A Longer Swim Season
- A Complete Selection for Aboveground Pools, Inground Pools & Spas
- Hayward, Pentair, Raypak & More - all the Top Brands!
- LOW Prices, FREE Shipping & Lift Gate Delivery
Pool Heaters - Inground and Above Ground Swimming Pool Heaters
It probably doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what a pool heater does but sometimes, choosing the best type of swimming pool heater for your pool can be a bit more tricky. First of all, there are different designs for above ground swimming pool heaters and inground swimming pool heaters, not to mention a number of different varieties of each.
- Gas (Propane or Natural Gas) Pool Heaters
- Electric Pool Heaters
- Solar Pool Heaters
Gas pool heaters are a great option for anybody who wants to extend their swimming season. Benefits and features of gas pool heaters:
- Cost effective, as you control when the pool heater is on and off
- Gas pool heaters can automatically check for unsafe water temperatures
- A economical option
Electric pool heaters are another great option, especially in areas where natural gas is not available, or is prohibitively expensive. Benefits and features of electric pool heaters:
- A great option for areas where natural gas is not available, or is prohibitively expensive. Also eliminates the need for an unsightly propane tank in your poolside or backyard area
- Easy to use, reliable operation
Solar pool heaters are ideal for the environment and can save you money in the long run. Benefits and features of solar pool heaters:
- They use the energy from the sun to heat your pool so after start-up costs they are extremely cost-effective.
- Annual operating costs are much cheaper than gas or electric alternatives
- A solar pool heater is ideal for nearly every climate in the U.S.
- Once installed, solar pool heaters are easy to maintain and can last between 10 and 20 years.
Heat Pumps are another electric pool heating option. While they operate differently from traditional pool heaters, they are an extremely cost effective choice. The benefits and features of electric heat pumps:
- Highly energy efficient during the summer months
- Easy installation makes them a perennial favorite
- Feature-rich, heat pumps can operate completely automatically
For anybody living in a cool climate, a pool heater or heat pump is a 'must-have'. Inground pool heaters, as well as aboveground pool heaters, maintain a desirable swimming temperature regardless of the outside weather which means many pools can remain open for much longer seasons. Each of these pool heaters has distinct advantages and disadvantages but there is no doubt that you can find the perfect swimming pool heater for your pool and your climate at Specialty Pool Products.
Learn more about Pool Heaters:
How to Size your Pool Heater
Info & Tips About Pool Heaters
Request an Info Kit!